Interested in joining our team? Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plastomics is an early-stage plant biotechnology company making more effective crops through its innovative chloroplast genetic engineering platform. Our team is expanding and we are seeking a Plant Transformation Discovery Scientist to join our fast-paced discovery team effort. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting start-up company with possibility for significant expansion. We are located in the 39 North Ag Biotech district of St. Louis, Missouri. Relocation assistance is available.
The successful candidate will be an expert in plant tissue culture and transformation technologies, with strong working knowledge of corn and/or soybean cell biology. He/She will be expected to contribute intellectually to the company’s goals. The candidate will work primarily at the bench, closely with other cell and molecular biologists in a collaborative and cross-functional atmosphere.
• Develop and implement novel approaches to plastid and nuclear transformation
• Collaborate closely with other cell biologists while also independently performing all duties in the laboratory required for individual projects
• Contribute to project plan development and long-range goals of the plant transformation team
• Regular and clear communication of research progress and results to team members and company leadership
• Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed
Education and Experience:
• Must have a minimum of 7+ years’ relevant post-graduate experience in plant tissue culture and transformation. PhD preferred but not required.
• Proven track record of success and hands-on experience in plant transformation systems improvement, preferably in an industrial or large academic setting
• Independent and able to perform under tight timelines and with the agility to change course as needed
• Ability to multi-task and take on new assignments as necessary in a fast-moving startup atmosphere
• Excellent planner, organizer, critical thinker, and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently execute project tasks
• Familiarity with molecular biology, plant gene expression and transformation vector technologies a plus
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. Must be authorized to work in the USA.