Interested in joining our team? Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Plastomics, Inc. is an early stage plant biotechnology company making more sustainable and effective crops through its innovative chloroplast genetic engineering platform. We seek a highly motivated and entrepreneurial-minded Senior Plant Molecular Biologist with expertise in molecular cloning techniques and transgenic plant analysis to join our fast-paced and exciting discovery team effort. We are located in state-of-the-art laboratory facilities in the 39N plant biotech area of St. Louis, Missouri. We seek candidates that will thrive in an exciting, new technology start-up atmosphere.
The candidate will develop plant transformation vectors, gene expression elements and perform transgene expression analysis for chloroplast- and nuclear-transformed plants. Experience with crop plants, especially corn and/or soybean, is a significant plus. Candidates should have demonstrated work experience with high-throughput sequencing, transcriptome analysis and protein expression techniques. The successful candidate will work primarily at the bench and will be expected to contribute intellectually to team and company goals. The Senior Plant Molecular Biologist will work closely with other cell and molecular biologists in a collaborative and cross-functional atmosphere. Significant opportunities for advancement and leadership roles are possible.
• Contribute to transformation vector development strategies, including transgene expression approaches and subsequent analysis of transgenic events for both chloroplast and nuclear transgenic plants
• Work independently at the bench to execute molecular cloning strategies using standard and high- throughput cloning techniques
• Perform transgenic plant analyses, including DNA, RNA and protein detection and quantification
• Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed
• Maintain regular and clear communication of research progress and results to team members and leadership
Education and Experience:
• PhD with at least 7 years post-graduate experience in plant molecular biology preferred; MS with 10+ years of experience will be considered
• Independent, able to perform under tight timelines and with the agility to change course as needed.
• Ability to multi-task and take on new assignments as necessary in a fast-moving startup atmosphere
• Excellent planner, organizer, critical thinker, and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently execute project tasks
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time