PLASTOMICS IS GROWING!
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS:
Lead Cell Biology and Transformation Scientist
We seek an experienced Lead Cell Biology and Transformation Scientist to further develop
our proprietary chloroplast transformation platform. The successful candidate will be an
expert in plant tissue culture and transformation technologies, with strong working knowledge of
maize and/or soybean transformation. He/She will will be expected to contribute intellectually to the company’s goals. The candidate will work primarily at the bench, closely with other cell and molecular biologists in a collaborative and cross-functional
atmosphere. Experience with morphogenetic genes and gene editing enzymes is a plus.
- Develop and implement novel approaches to plastid and nuclear transformation in corn and/or soybean
- Provide leadership to other cell biologists while also independently performing all duties in the laboratory
required for individual projects.
- Contribute to development of project plans and long-range goals of the plant transformation team
- Regular and clear communication of research progress and results to team members and company
- Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in tissue culture and transformation.
- Proven track record of success and hands-on experience in plant transformation systems improvement,
preferably in an industrial or large academic setting
- Independent and able to perform under tight timelines and with the agility to change course as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and take on new assignments as necessary in a fast-moving startup atmosphere
- Excellent planner, organizer, critical thinker, and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently
execute project tasks
- Familiarity with molecular biology, plant gene expression and transformation vector technologies a plus
- Strong organization skills, verbal and written communication skills
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.